Been a really long time since I had time to assemble this Class a monoblock. As I was building it v1.0 board I found a few issues, and found some thing that need fixing. Good thing pcbs are $10 for 5, first was the 3watt 1ohm resistors, bah I picked the wrong footprints. Oh well I’ll solder them on and attach legs.
Next was screw holes to mount the output fets to heatsink, good thing no tracks near the holes.
Next was the 9.1v zener diodes, apparently I used to-big of pads, oh well.
After fixing few issues, I had it all ready for power up! AND no smoke!
Test heatsink for first power up, made testing and measuring voltages easy!
Powered up running after 3 hours it settled at 54deg, and achieved 90watts rms class a into 8 ohms, rail voltage of 45v.
That’s right, I finally got the fiber and cat6 cable ran to the garage.
The server has been running in the garage now for about 2 months over a slow wireless link, it worked for a temporary test. I had to move it from my main computer hobby room after installing all the new goodies.
The new hard ware installed was a HP 10gig dual port card, Nvidia Quatro k6000 video card & ny 1.6tb pcue ssd. Doing these upgrades raised the fans from 8% to 33, it’s not stupid loud, but I can’t work with it in the same room.
Now that its moved to the garage and connected with a 10gig link, I also ran a cat6 cable to a mini switch for back end management!!
Next upgrade is the ups, I have a nice unit that was given to me, but needs new batteries. Next purchase!
New desk lamp, messy desk, just got back from a work trip from Vancouver. Had some time to install new patch cables & cat6 keystones, also picked up some fiber lc keystones! Now to run the 10gig link to the server! #homelab #sfp