Speaker Project coming along

I thought i would post some progress pics of my speakers. I’m building a new 2 way using the Iwatta Horn with a 1″ Faital Pro HFAK10 1″ Compression Driver & A 12″ Beyma 12BR70 woofer.

I have spent HOURS and hours modeling hand full’s of 12″ pro woofers and have found non that have a good FS & usable range to 30-1500+ hz. My plan is to crossover around 1050. I will be using a 4.5c’f ported curved enclosure.

Not sure if many of you have heard or seen the Blumenhofer Genuin FS 2 but this project of mine is kinda like this one. BUT MINE are Diy 🙂

New Horn Project..

Thought I would share my New Horn project. These are called Iwattas, they use a 1″ Compression Driver. I’m going to be using a 12″ woofer in a ported cabinet. the goal is designing a 2 way efficient speaker..I used to own these but sold them to a friend. I missed them so much I had to beg for them back. Now that I have them back I’m going to be building the speaker I wanted to build when I first bought these Iwattas. The woofer is going to be the Beyma – 12BR70 with a tuning of 28hz. Crossover around 1000-1300.


This first pic is what caught my attention for this build. Mine will be a little different. 


Monitoring Setup for the USG Pro-4

I’ve been working on a little side project for my self. With all my firewalls i have played with and used I’ve always found my self watching what is going in and out & what is going on with them when im at home or out and about. 

So i decided to use my spare Raspberry Pi and use it for a web browser monitoring tool. Most Firewalls these days use a Web-Browser GUI you can watch, just like the USG with all that information. 

Quick little video below & photo..

MORE Ubiquity stuff!

Since I was so happy with the last device that i picked up for cheap to play with it and test it. I decided to just jump on in and buy some more goodies !!


A Nice AC-Pro & USG pro 4 

After a hour of research and tinkering I got the new USG Pro 4 on line & adopted to my network, It wasn’t easy as plug it in but I got it! Starting from scratch its very easy,  adding to existing network is a little harder. 

Installing & adapting the Ap was very easy though! 


I just replaced the AP with my old one screwed the base to the ceiling plugged it in and adopted & configured WOLA !



Little bit of NEW !!

Well, I finally did it! Never thought I would be using the USG stuff and “not” get hooked!  My very first USG was the little 6×6″ guy ! 


After playing with this thing and seeing what it can do WELL I was hooked.


I did open it up (duh) I always open things up ! Have a look inside, see what is there!  IMO not much actually !  I did like the fact there was a CPU heatsink on the CPU.  Would like to see better thermal design as this thing did reach 60C.. 


After a week of running this guy, i started searching for more Ubiquity stuff to buy!! 


Going Cluster’s

So my new goal for my  setup will be a Hyper-V  2016 cluster. Allowing me to use 2 servers & a ISCSI 10 gig attached storage server.  

Untangle Home Pro on a Dell R210 handles the vlans & firewall.

The R510 with 2012 storage server for Iscsi path’s for Hyper-v Vm storage.

Each R610 with dual cpu’s & 128gigs ram each host to handle the vm processing.